I’m here to tell you there is such a thing as a stress free photo shoot. It might be full of silly faces and funny noises….and you might need a nap afterwards…but please make a vow to let your next kid’s photo shoot be worry and stress free! I have a few tips that make things easier with little ones.
- Yes to bribes and no to threats. Don’t fill the kids head with pending punishment if they don’t behave perfectly…make it sound like something extremely fun and follow up with a little bribe if needed.
- Let them pick out their clothes. YES! Don’t worry, it will be from a few outfits you have selected. Make sure you are happy with anything they choose (from the pre-picked and pre-approved outfits). This gives them some control over what is going to happen.
- Keep things light and let the photographer take the lead. I usually have some warm up time to talk to the kids to get a feel for what they will allow.
- Back up the silliness. I love it when parents or family members join in on the goofiness to get some genuine smiles and laughter. Play, tickle, joke around…just be silly. Your kids will have more fun and you will get happy photos and not forced smiles.
- Let go of perfection. No kids are perfect or behave perfectly. Let them be kids and I promise we will get some great photos that you will love forever!
I’m a Sacramento family photographer. Click HERE to contact me about Fall 2021 mini session dates and times.